Dear AMMnet members,AMMnet is pleased to offer travel awards for AMMnet members to attend the ASTMH conference and the pre-ASTMH AMMnet malaria modelers meeting in Chicago, USA, October 17-22, 2023.
The award will cover up to US $4,200 in expenses, including flights, accommodation, and the ASTMH registration fee. We expect to give 4 awards.
Eligible applicants must be:
- A member of AMMnet (join here if you are not a member)
- Low- or Middle-Income Country resident (link to a list of LMIC are here; published by Wellcome and compiled by OECD)
- Early career applicants (students, postdocs, other trainees, and very early career faculty) are especially encouraged to apply
Please submit the following information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2023 to be considered for this award:
- Statement of need (up to 300 words)
- Description of how you plan to bring back the knowledge acquired during the pre-ASTMH AMMnet meeting and the ASTMH conference to your country or incorporate it into your work or your career development (up to 300 words)
- Description of how you have engaged with AMMnet thus far, such as participation in seminars, in-person events, and/or committees; organizing AMMnet webinars; submission of an abstract to the pre-ASTMH meeting; or other kind of engagement (up to 300 words)
Applications will be accepted in English, French, or Portuguese. We expect to notify awardees in mid-June. Awardees are requested to register as ASTMH members and show proof of registration before receiving funds.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.